Saturday 29 March 2014

Funky furniture

It started with my passion to create new things... Create a new world around me, with old, but nice furniture.
Living in Newcastle City centre allowed me to visit multiple charity shops and browse for  interesting things almost every weekend. Almost like an hobby, I would go into one of the charity shops, and imagine how each of the things could have a new life...
Don't get me wrong, some objects were a "no, no"! But others looked like there was so much more they could still give to a home!...
So, I started by 'adopting' what I could in my little city centre apartment.  After that, I would think if there was something I could do to personalise... To make it my own!
Here are some examples:
1. The Desk - this desk was found near the bins right outside my flat... It was around February 2013.














 Only 2 weeks ago, I decided to paint it and give it new knobs...















What a difference! (March 2014) I feel this is now more versatile. It can stay as a working desk, or a dressing table with a framed mirror in the centre. Like it?

Knobs- amazon.co.uk
Paint- wilkinson - gloss black - plasti-kote fast dry enamel



2. TV stand - I saw this in #PDSA Charity shop.
This beauty only cost me £30!  I felt in love with it, but thought it was too dark!
The following weekend, I went back to the shop (and it was still there!) I started imagining what I could do with it... to make it more 'funky' and my own. so, decided to pain the front in red (glossy red) and gold (to match the old fashion knobs!) What do you think of the result?










And this is it for now! Hope to hear some feedback from you!
Moving house soon, so watch this space for more ideas, or even to ask your opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment