Sunday 6 November 2022

Poem - spider webs

 Spider webs!

A network of fibres. Interconnected strings of protein, that get thicker and thicker with time.

If left to it’s own devices, the spider will build a thicker, silky and gentle curtain of wonder and beauty! 

A curtain that decorates this window, obfuscating the light that tries to spy in-between the threads. 

This window that reflects the past in my emotions and diffracts my attention to the autumn leaves. 

This window that shows me a world of wonder and beauty! 

A river that flows fast after the rain has passed, carrying with it the debris of the storm!

An old tree that has been through years of famine and years of plenty! Plenty of nourishment that makes her leaves thrive and glow… and the famine that leaves a thin annual ring as a reminder of stunted growth and weakness.

A castle that has seen humanity. A castle that has seen lights pointing at it to highlight its beauty, and cannons pointing for destruction.


I blow this silky curtain, and watch it floating in the air, disseminating dust like glitter, covering me in history and organic matter!

I feel rejuvenated and smile at a sweet memory of better times.

I walk away, leaving this old window to breath free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment